The new Global Champions Playoffs will be staged in the magical Czech capital Prague, one of the world’s most beautiful cities and a UNESCO World Heritage site, promising unforgettable excitement for millions of equestrian fans worldwide.
The premiere of the thrilling new format for team show jumping will take place from Thursday 13th to Sunday 16th December 2018 at the dynamic O2 arena, which hosts major concerts and sports events, and will be the first indoor event on the Longines Global Champions Tour and GCL calendar.
Prague, known as « the City of a hundred spires », will stage the play offs over four days at the O2 arena with top-level sport and great entertainment for approximately 14,000 spectators. The event will take place in the run up to Christmas when the fairytale city will have a special festive atmosphere where visitors can enjoy the contrast of Prague’s historic Baroque architecture and the famous Castle and the cool modern neighbourhoods and art and design zones. (Press release)
Current riders qualified for LGCT Super Grand Prix at GC Prague Playoffs:
1. 🇬🇧 Scott Brash (Mexico City)
2. 🇦🇺 Edwina Tops-Alexander (Miami Beach)
3. 🇧🇪 Gregory Wathelet (Shangai)
4. 🇬🇧 Ben Maher (Madrid)
5. 🇳🇱 Harrie Smolders (Hamburg)
6. 🇨🇴 Carlos Lopez (St. Tropez 2nd place after Maher won again)
7. 🇸🇪 Peder Fredricson (Cannes)
8. 🇧🇪 Nicola Philippaerts (Cascais/Estoril)
9. 🇮🇪 Shane Breen (Monaco)
10. 🇪🇬 Sameh El Dahan (Paris)
11. 🇩🇪 Daniel Deusser (Chantilly 2nd place after Philippaerts won again)
17. 🏆 (Prague)
🇧🇪 Niels Bruynseels
🇩🇪 Holger Wulschner
🇨🇿 Ales Opatrny
🇳🇱 Gerco Schröder
🇨🇿 Anna Kellnerova
📌 02 arena – Českomoravská 2345/17, 190 00 Prague, Czech Republic.